Sunday, April 08, 2007

It's official!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos


Dan and I went on our first date tonight...well, our first "dressed up and out on our own" date night. It was so fun! We had yummy Spanish food at the most amazing restaurant gallery underneath the JW Marriott in KL. Then we walked over to a cafe in the park for smoothies. The snap above was taking by a kind soul who saw us struggling to take a self-portrait on our walk over to the park. The towers you see in the background are the Petronas Towers in KL. Dan and I got to take a tour and see where our friend Doug works...THANKS DOUG!!! The views are GORGEOUS!

After finishing up at the cafe, we wanted to go for a walk, but it started raining. Thankfully, the rain didn't really stop us, it was like God's way of clearing out the whole park for us! He thought of everything! As the crowds shuffled toward the awnings, Dan and I took off into the park. It was so beautiful to walk through the park and smell the rain and see all the tropical trees. We were both so culture shocked by the cleanliness and the smell of the rain and the greenery. Malaysia, or at least what we saw of Kuala Lumpur, is gorgeous! We highly recommend it to you guys for a visit...especially if you are currently living in the desert or India. :)

Once we got to the top of the park with an amazing view of the towers, all sparkly and lit up, Dan said he had something he wanted to give me. At this point, he pulled out the ring box and the thunder of fireworks happened to be perfectly timed for the opening of the ring box! My man thought of everything!! :) What a perfect place to have the man of my dreams ask me to marry him...in the middle of a beautiful tropical park surrounded by gorgeous, sparkly skyscrapers, fireworks thundering through the sky and the smell of rain and fresh cut grass all around...and best of all, it all took place in my very favorite continent - Asia!!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

This is us moments after I said "Yes, I'd be honored to be your wife!" Woohoo - I'm going to be Mrs. Isaacson!

11 comments:

Andrea and Jeff said...

i feel like i need to squeel eeeeeeeeeeee and cry at the same time, and neither one will come out. there are no words - except when's the day, and when are you guys coming to turkey to show off the ring??? love you guys so much! Amy "G" Isaacson! wow!!!!

rindy said...

Ditto, Andrea!!!

Mandy B Stenberg said...

Cool. Cool. Cool.

Sooooo cool!

God is good. His ways are perfect. Yippee. Can't wait to hear more details.

Jack and Sheryl said...

Another successful tie to Ames, Iowa. I love it when that happens, because hopefully that means that our paths will someday cross again. I'm so so excited for you both. Wow. The Big Guy is so cool in the time and the way that He chooses to bring His children together. Rejoicing with you.

Anonymous said...

"Woohoo" indeed!!! The word does not do justice to the sparkle in your eyes when you came through the door Saturday evening. Magel and I are so happy for you and Dan.

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous!!! I am thrilled beyond words for you
Jamie

Kim for the Kings said...

Oh Miss G. I'm sitting in my office weeping for you... So many answered prayers! God's goodness is shining sooo brightly from you two! Greg & I love you both and will be praying for you in the year ahead. Opuyorum seni!

Anonymous said...

Fa sheezy? WORD! That's totally dope! I'm SO razzed by the news I can hardly stand it. Your pictures are so cute and surprising and gloriously strange to me, I just love it! God is good. All the time. A big TEBRIKLER to both of you!

Unknown said...

I'm very excited to see that my cousin Dan will be marrying such a wonderful girl. I haven't seen Dan for years and years (in fact, he was probably still in grammar school when I saw him last) but I ask about him often. Welcome to the Isaacson Family!! Love, Your new second cousin Erin.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is all I can say...WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

There, in the presence of the LORD your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the LORD your God has blessed you.
Deut. 12:7