Saturday, April 14, 2007

Back to the Daily Grind

This week has been filled with the unexpected. Never did I dream of coming home from spring break engaged. People asked if I did anything exciting for spring break and I found myself staring at them like a deer in headlights..."Uhm, yes, it was actually my most exciting spring break...I'm uh, well, you know that guy that came to the FON parade last week? Well, he's the man of my dreams actually and he asked me to marry him!" All that was usually followed by me squealing, at which point my colleagues took on the deer in the headlights look. :) It typically took them a bit to finally realize I wasn't pulling a late April Fool's.

Another unexpected oddity from the week was "Cross-dress Day" for Spirit week. I was having a bit of a hard time on Friday morning as I found myself unexpectedly missing Dan and starting to grumble about the fact that 2008 is a loooong way away. So Friday morning I was asking the Lord for extra grace to give thanks in all circumstances and be joyful always when in walk two of my guys dressed up for Spirit week. My day was definitely filled with loads of laughter as I saw my students in class and the halls and often failed to recognize them with their heels, wigs, and painted on features (many of the girls were sporting "facial hair" and side burns). Definitely an unexpected answer to prayer. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did the teachers participate in the cross dressing? I guess it is not much for a girl but I would think the men would have a problem obtaining outfits. Anyway, glad you have the deer in the headlights behind you.