Friday, January 05, 2007

Home for the Holidays!

It was fun to be home for Christmas this year. After four years away, it was sweet to be part of family time and watch my niece and nephew open their gifts. As Hanna opened the gift I got for her she squealed, "Oh, I love it! It's just what I've always wanted!" My mom asked her what it was and without peeling her adoring eyes from the package she responded in the same excited voice, "I don't know, but I've always wanted one!" That's exactly how I feel when I go grocery shopping here - I'm not quite sure what it is, but I know that's the package I need. :)

While I was home, I was also able to get together with some precious friends from Turkey. It was weird to be in Texas with my Turkey friends. I loved it!! Definitely something I could get used to!! :) Another joy was getting to attend the annual "Friends Reunion" over NYE weekend. I haven't seen some of those friends since before moving to Turkey - it was so great to catch up on life.

I feel so blessed to have been able to go home for Christmas! I was in need of some time away from life here in India. Though I know I'm supposed to be here, I sure am thankful that I don't have to stay here all year long! ;-)

Here are some pics of my time at home:
My twin brother and me - sometimes people confuse us - Josh is the one on the left. ;)



Nothing but smiles from Katy and me after a yummy Tex-Mex meal at Mamacita's with the Sears family!



Cousin/Niece day at the Bear Factory! Such fun with my girls - Claudia, Nina, Hanna, and Charlotte!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

No comments: