Yesterday and today India celebrated a huge holiday called Holi - the festival of colors. As you can see from the picture, I was not as excited about "playing holi" as the guys who were throwing powder and smearing color on me seemed to be. Everything was fine and dandy on the way to brunch with Katie until our rickshaw driver took us on a "shortcut" through a slum area. Not saying slum areas are bad places, I'm just saying that this slum area happened to be in full Holi mode and didn't care that we were in a private vehicle and had no desire to play. They stopped the rick and reached inside and covered what they could with powder, paint, and water. Good thing for them I was protecting my computer or I may have thrown a few tae bo punches. This is also why only my left side got Holi'ed....the other side of me was clinging tightly to my computer trying to save it from demise at the hands of those color happy guys. This is a day known for people getting into mischief and getting high and of course, throwing colors, so I guess we were asking for it by venturing out. Next year, I think I'll stay home for Holi -- or wear a large trash bag! :)

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
3 comments:
sorry to laugh about your pain, but your picture is just too funny. glad nothing really bad happened. what a great story, eh! :-)
So what you're trying to say is that it perhaps wasn't your best culture day ever?
any news to share! hmmmmm?
Post a Comment