Sunday, January 07, 2007

New Eyes

I've been praying for new eyes and a new outlook this semester. Sundays have typically been the hardest day of my week because I've not yet found a church and I get so overwhelmed with the idea of having to figure out how to get to whichever church I've decided to try out that Sunday. Since today was my first Sunday back, and since I was up at 3 this morning, I had plenty of time to rehearse my game plan for getting downtown. While I rehearsed my plan, I had a brilliant idea...that's what happens at 3am! I thought I'd use the sweet gift my parents gave me for Christmas (three cheers for Mom and Dad - I love my new camera!) and snap a few shots from the comfort of my taxi window. :)
Here's a little glimpse into my drive to church:
A street scene. You can kind of see some of the houses in the background.


I know you've been wondering which toothpaste helps to fight 10 problems. Well, here's the answer you've been waiting for!


Got milk? You too can have your milk delivered daily via the bicycle milk man.


You can buy your trinket bags from this lady.


Or your cleaning brushes from these ladies:

This is the Haji Ali Mosque. It's famous because you can only get there via a footbridge during low tide, plus there is a scrummy little fresh juice stand on the shore side that sells any kind of fruit juice you could want. The juice bar is actually one "Lonely Planet" adventure I have done here!


And finally, we're at All Saints Chapel. It's a sweet little fellowship - far from my 'hood, but great once I get down there.











1 comment:

rindy said...

great pics! what a cute little church! seems very out of place. hope you sleep better tonight. love ya!