Friday, September 01, 2006

Moooove over Modernity


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing

Animals are quite a part of life here in Mumbai. This morning, on the way to school, I heard a sound I've not heard in a while - Mooooooooooooing. I laughed and told a friend on my bus that it sounded like being at a farm in Texas, as if there'd be a cow in the middle of the city. Much to my surprise, there staring at me through the service bus window was a big ol' cow! She just kept bellowing and people kept running over to pet her and give her snacks.

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing


Last week while I was walking down my road, I was finally able to catch a snapshot of a man driving his ox-cart down the road. This picture is the tale of India in three vehicles: the fast paced activity of city life - the rickshaw; the modern upperclass cutting edge - the honda; and the every-steady trying to make a living and stay in the game - the ox-cart. You can't really see much, but this was taken right out in front of my building, so what you see is my neighborhood.



Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing

No comments: