I'm in Delhi for a teaching conference this weekend. We came early to have a day to see Delhi. Since it's Republic Day today, we decided to go see "Asia's best parade" with painted elephants and cows. We walked and walked and followed the crowds and ran with the crowds as police shouted directions to walk, stop, run, stop and hold, okay now run. Pretty hilarious. All this "Simon Says" type work for miles only to find ourselves in a large dusty parking lot...no elephants or cows to be seen! We soon found out we needed to have official tickets (which sold out weeks ago) to be able to see the parade. Since we were foreigners, everyone assumed we had these tickets, so no one asked. We even got through the "ticket gate" but got turned back at security due to a cell phone and camera! As my mom would say - "We were making memories!" If everything goes as planned, where's the fun in that?! Anyone can plan a perfect holiday - it's running full speed ahead into a dusty parking lot with a big crowd of people that adds the spice in life! Right?! :)
In lieu of painted elephants, I sat with a cobra. I wasn't quite convinced they wouldn't bite me!
"Sit down. Snake no bite."

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos"Hey! Get that basket of snakes away from me!"

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share PhotosThis is my polite, "please take the picture very quickly, I'm about to jump out of my skin!" smile. :)

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos
2 comments:
oh my goodness, hilarious! come on, aims, why didn't you pick it up and smile for the camera?? you could have put that pic with your antalya turtles collection. :-)
oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! I wouldn't have been smiling at all!!!
Post a Comment