Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sucker for Sunsets


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing

There's almost nothing I like better than watching sunsets (and sunrises). I've got lists of best sunset spots in my journal - for any of you still in Istanbul, I can pass along the locations (and general time frames) of the most gorgeous viewing spots. :) My flat in Resitpasa was definitely not the spot for sunset viewing!

With Monsoon being upon us, I was beginning to wonder if I'd just moved to a warmer version of the gray winters in Istanbul - gray skies, drizzle, and at times thunderous rain (which I must say is beautiful to hear!). Last week though, I finally saw the sun and blue skies I've heard about. Better yet, I caught a beautiful display of God's splendor in the sunset. Sweeter still, the best viewing spot happens to be in my living room! How sweet is He to give me a front row seat?!?! The sky turned the most amazing oranges, blazing reds, and deep purples! I love it! I tried to capture it on my camera. Not quite like the real thing. If you come visit, I'll give you my best cushions to sit on and make you some nice masala chai to sip while you enjoy the display of His glory over Mumbai. :)

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing

No comments: