Moving to a new city has been exciting and fun filled one minute, exhausting and tear-filled the next. Just when I think...'oh, I get it' something happens that makes me realize, I don't get it. I'm discovering that I'm not as patient, merciful, loving, kind, nor flexible as I had hoped I'd become by now. In fact, I'm learning a whole multitude of things that I never thought I'd be learning here. Here’s a little snap shot of the lessons I’ve been learning in the past few weeks:
1. Never pay in advance of completed services.
2. Look to the RIGHT before stepping out into traffic.
3. Flip flops are not the proper monsoon foot apparel…even though it’s not raining when you leave your house.
4. When the internet guy says he’ll be there for sure by 5.30 the next evening to fix the ‘minor problem’ with the wiring, he means to say, “Thanks for paying in advance, sorry I left bits of wire exposed all over your house and cut off your phone service entirely. You’ll be lucky if you ever get someone to come fix this mess that I made! Thanks again for paying in full for the year!” (This saga could have been avoided had I remembered Lesson #1.)
5. Baby elephants really are as cute as they look on the National Geographic channel.
6. People have different ideas of what the word ‘spicy’ really means.
7. Smiling at all the cute little children as they are going to and from school almost always produces a giggle from them as they turn and show their friends the silly white girl smiling at them…then they wave and smile back.
8. Scrunching up both your eyes to say hello is NOT what they do here. People are beginning to wonder if I have some strange eye-scrunching disease…that Turkish habit needs to die!
9. Indians are beautiful and many of them are so very friendly.
10. There is a vibrant church here and worshipping with my Indian friends, in a completely Indian lead fellowship, was pretty incredible! (Here's a pic of the special dancing - a big Bollywood choreographer recently became a believer and now he's choreographing Hindi worship songs.)

Video Hosting - Upload Video - Video Sharing
1 comment:
Aimes! It's so good to have you back in my life. haha even if it is via blogging. Can't wait to hear more about everything! One thing, though, the yellow font is kinda hard to read. :-) love ya!!
Post a Comment